Thursday, March 10, 2011

Back in Town

My beloved KA is now back and on her counter where she belongs. Safe and Sound. Cowboy and I had to verify and approve of the work done on her, so we opened her up. Sure enough there lay a brand new metal housing over the gears. Here are the 'before' pics. And now, the after:



Sexy isn't it? Yeah I thought so.

I haven't mixed anything up yet but I did run her a little and she purred like a kitten.

Everything was in working order, in fact there was grease dripping down the sides from their abundant lubing, but no complaints from me there. One complaint I did have was the flat burnished beater that was returned to me (I was told to pack mine with my mixer for the factory testing) was NOT my original beater! This one was old and worn down to a near nub. It looked like it was at least 30 years old and had been used every day of those thirty years. I was horrified at first but counted to a hundred and ten then politely made a call to the factory sweetly stating, "it must have been a simple mistake but...". The staff member was on it immediately, apologizing profusely and telling me she was shipping out a new one to me ASAP. After everything, I give KitchenAid 4.25/5 stars (5/5 once I dealt with the actual people that were going to fix my mixer): 0.5 lacking star for the fact that I still feel bamboozled about purchasing my mixer in '07 and, unbeknown, received an '06 model. The final lacking 0.25 star is for the frustrations during my initial phone call. 

Personally, I'm just glad to have my mixer back and ready for some serious action.

No comments:

Post a Comment