Sunday, January 13, 2013

More Flaking Around

I have now used my Campo Flaker a handful of times and I love it more every time I use it. Last week I made a delicious five grain cereal. First you rinse your grains and lay them out on a cookie sheet to dry. This will soften the grains so you will be able to flake them. They don't need to be bone dry....about six hours left on the counter should do. Oats don't need to be soaked as they are already a soft grain.

Spelt, Rye, Hulled Barley, Wheat, and Oats (added after previous grains were soaked)




 Melt 1-2 Tbs. butter in a 2qt. cast iron pot

 Add 2-3c. flaked grains (servings for 2), 1/4 tsp fine sea salt, and toast til fragrant.  You may add any toppings such as blueberries, almonds, or other goodies at this time.  
Add 2- 2 1/2c. water and cook until done. 

Healthy bit o' heaven right there.

1 comment: